Volunteers knit, machine quilt, embroider and crochet lap robes, afghans, mittens, hats, sweaters, scarves, slippers, baby items, kitchen towels, etc. for those in need. The handcrafted items can be made at home with no time limit or minimum quantity. You can utilize any pattern design. RSVP is able to provide the yarn to our volunteers at no cost thanks to a generous grant from Avista Utilities.
In 2013, 200+ volunteers ranging in age from 8 to 98 provided their time and talent to make over 7,800 items for distribution to 48 agencies in Spokane County. The distribution usually occurs during November, in time to help prevent hypothermia for members of the community who receive these gifts of love and caring.
We also accept donations of yarn, fabric, floss, patterns/books, hooks/knitting needles and other craft and sewing items. For more information contact Teri Wallace by phone at 509 344 7787 or by email.
Volunteer Benefit Package
Benefits from RSVP are not limited to feeling good and helping community members. By volunteering you are also eligible to receive some of the following benefits:
- Supplemental Insurance for accident, personal liability and excess automobile liability insurance while in volunteer status as well as traveling to and from your volunteer station
- RSVP newsletter published 3 times a year
- Mileage reimbursement for low income volunteers
- Invitation to recognition events
- Developing new friendships