Central Children's Center
Invest In Your Child's Future
The Central YMCA Children's Center places your infant, toddler, and preschooler in a caring and supportive environment where they will engage in individual development and learning. Our children enjoy their 'work' each day as they learn through hands-on learning environments and activities. Following developmentally age appropriate curriculum and activities, your child gets exactly what they need.
For tour and registration information please email Julie Luzzo.
The Central YMCA Children's Center offers Full-Time Childcare
Mon - Fri, 7am-6pm for children 4 weeks - 6 years
Staff members are trained in Early Childhood Education and Development and are selected for their desire to provide a safe and nurturing environment, their understanding of developmentally appropriate practices, and for their genuine love for children. They provide a healthy balance of structured and free-choice activities and curriculum in a state-of-the-art early childhood center.
- Indoor Music and Movement Room
- Outdoor Nature Exploration Classroom
- Gardening in the Victory Garden
- Twice Weekly Swimming Lessons for Preschool
- Weekly Mini-Gym classes for our Older Toddlers and Preschool children featuring fun and age-appropriate techniques for introducing fitness to young children
- Parent Resource Room and Library for up-to-date information on the developmental milestones for young children, common illnesses and childhood concerns, childcare licensing information and community resources.
Infants: 4 weeks - 12 months
Our infant rooms are for children 4 - 12 months, with a maximum group size of 8 per room
Ratios are 4:1 for Infants
Toddlers: 12 months - 3 years
Young Toddler rooms for children 12 - 27 months with a ratio of 4:1 and a maximum group size of 8 per room
Older Toddler rooms for children 24 months - 3 years with a ratio of 5:1 and a maximum group size of 10 per room. Weekly 20 minute Mini-Gym class through YMCA Health and Wellness department.
All of our Toddler children enjoy a weekly Water Experience session in the Aquatics wading pool. All activities are included in the regular monthly enrollment fee. There is no additional cost to participate. Our classroom teachers remain with the children at all times during each activity.
USDA approved Breakfast, Lunch and Snack are provided.
Preschool: 3 - 5 years
Early Preschool class for young 3's in a class size of 14 with a 7:1 ratio.
Multi-Aged Preschool classrooms for children 3 - 5 years who are ready for a larger group environment. Class size is a maximum of 20 children per class with a 10:1 ratio.
Each week all Preschool children participate in:
- 30 minute Mini-Gym class with a Fitness Instructor through the YMCA Health and Wellness Department
- Two 30-minute swim lessons with a certified YMCA Swim Instructor
- One 45-minute water play session in the Aquatics wading pool and slide
All activities are included in the monthly enrollment fee. There is no additional cost to participate. Our classroom teachers remain with the children at all times during each activity.
USDA approved Breakfast, Lunch and Snack are provided once a child reaches 12 months.
The YMCA Childcare Department does not automatically send out a tax statement to participants. If you would like a statement for the 2016 tax year please complete this form or contact the Customer Information Center at 509 777 9622. Statements will be mailed out beginning January 27, 2018. Statements can take up to two weeks to process, so please plan ahead.
The YMCA's EIN/Tax ID# is 91-0827958