2017 Annual Campaign Champion Resources
The role of the Champion is absolutely critical to the success of our 2017 Annual Campaign. In an effort to help you be successful as a Champion we ask you to consider the following commitments:
ROLE OF THE VOLUNTEER CHAMPION
- Make your generous personal contribution (to be effective, you need to make your commitment first).
- Attend one of the Champion trainings.
- Identify your prospects. These are individuals and businesses you are willing to solicit for a contribution.
- Create a FirstGiving page.
- Ask your prospects within the months of February and March.
- Attend the celebration event for results and thanks for a job well done March 15, 2017.
WHAT THE YMCA WILL DO FOR YOU
- Provide high quality, informative literature to share with your prospects.
- Acknowledge pledges and/or contributions you secure with a thank you letter to the donors.
- Provide you with coaching, training, and materials to make a successful call.
- Have staff available to assist with any calls you may wish to make jointly.
- Provide you with a donor card/brochure to give to potential donors (this is where you record the result of your contact).
- Provide you with online tools on the YMCA website and FirstGiving.com.
- Send a pledge reminder to the donors you solicit according to the instructions provided on the donor card.
- Send you weekly progress reports.
Important Dates 2017
Jan 11 Champion Training, Spokane Valley YMCA, 7:30am
Jan 12 Champion Training, Central Spokane YMCA, 5:30pm
Jan 17 Champion Training, North Spokane YMCA, 7:30am
Jan 19 Champion Training, YMCA Corporate Office, Noon
Jan 25 Kickoff Event, Lincoln Ctr, 6pm
Every Friday (Feb 3 - Mar 10) Report Weekly Progress, by Noon
Mar 22 (new date!) Celebration Event, Hugo's on the Hill
|Central Y Campaign||$80,000|
|North Y Campaign||$64,500|
|Valley Y Campaign||$67,000|
|Corporate Board & Staff Campaign||$228,500|
|Camp Reed Campaign||$60,000|