Staff Spotlight – Carrie
Carrie is the Corporate Relations Director and a native of Spokane. She graduated from EWU with a BA in Business and Marketing. Her interests are in non-profit organizations and ministry and she even attained a Certificate of Ministry. Prior to her position with the YMCA she was Interim Executive Director with the Alzheimer’s Association. Carrie believes in helping people develop in spirit, mind and body and has served in ministry roles for more than 30 years, she has been with YMCA for 11 years.
“My favorite part of my job are the people I encounter and relationships that are formed, every day is different! When people learn about what the Y’s Cause-Driven Culture is; it truly changes the conversation and their interest. I work closely with corporate company’s wellness and manage military and veteran programs. I must admit military has my heart strings, the selfless commitment military make to ensure freedom for our country makes me so proud; I am grateful the Y embraces this vision too. This is such a rewarding organization to work for.”
Carrie loves the outdoors, the sights, smells and feeling of jogging, hiking, biking, swimming and gardening. She says playing sports with her grandsons is the best! She has been married 35 years to her husband Jim and as empty nesters, some of the best times they spend are with their grown daughters and their families. They have 5 grandchildren and are expecting one more in October.
- Favorite place in Spokane (other than the YMCA)? The Spokane River
- You can only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who is it? Frank Sinatra
- If you could have any one superpower, which would you choose? The power to heal
- If you could host a talk show, who would be your first guest? Nelson Mandela
- If you had a time machine, what point in the past would you visit? 1300’s (Marco Polo exploration era)